Sunday, July 10, 2016

hw 1: famous from social media



Some research for myself to assist in appreciating what's out there...


I was viewing Justin Beiber's first you tube videos and another young voice caught my attention- (I love the piano).  His name is Greyson Chance and he's developed his own style of music over the years and is doing quite well. Ellen DeGeneres liked him so much after having him on her show that she signed him on to her record label.  

Thought I'd share the youtube link that got him noticed.


Vines, a video sharing app, allows users to film short, separate instances that create a six second video that loops continuously... very clever. My Tessa informed me it isn't as big as it was a few years back... but I had blast watching them. 

Lele Pons- by far my favorite... has a net worth of one million and is the most seen person on vines with 8.4 billion loops!  -Wikipedia  Her fame's helped her promote her book funny stuff.



The Russian photographer, Murad Osmann, used Instagram to propel his "Follow Me" project, which captures his girlfriend taking him by the hand leading him around the world. I was as mezmerized with all their locations as well as the amazing dresses ... so romantic! Below is just one portrait displaying his work... it's easy to see why he is as famous as he is.




Snapchat is probably the largest growing social media today and is a fast, fun way to interact with friends using photos, videos and captions. It has the option of deleting snaps quickly and permanently, which encouraging much of the teenage sexting that is also growing in popularity- but as with all things trendy- there's always going to be reasons to supervise scandalous activities, especially for the concerned parents and mentors of a society.  I'm not sure of any fame ... but I know my eldest daugher is snapping her life story as we live and breathe!  ...ugh

1 comment:

  1. These are great sites! I enjoyed looking at them! It is amazing how many of them there are in the world. You could get lost down the rabbit hole if you are not careful! lol Can't wait to see what app people will come up with next.

    ReplyDelete